Marina, the mermaid, is one of Littleton, Colorado's most beloved residents. She loves to pose for photos with kids who ask politely and is happy to show off some fun underwater tricks. When she isn’t posing for pictures or showing off tricks, Marina loves teaching visitors about life as a mermaid.
Fiji Mermaids Grant the Best Wishes
If you’re lucky enough to come across a mermaid in Fiji, you can try and ask them if they’re willing to grant a wish. While mermaids worldwide may be willing to grant the wish of a kind-hearted child, Fiji mermaids are known for granting two specific wishes. If you ask them very nicely, they might grant the wisher money or beauty. In fact, if you ask Marina very nicely, she may even be willing to try and help grant your wish!
Best Friends of a Real-Life Mermaid
Dolphins are a mermaid's best friend. While a human’s best friend may be the family dog (or cat), dolphins are mermaid’s beloved family friends. Together, they love to go on adventures and explore the different areas of the ocean.
Dolphins aren't the only animal that shares a special relationship with mermaids. One of the most well-known pieces of mermaid fashion are Sea Stars. They love wearing these little critters as all sorts of fashion accessories, and the sea stars enjoy getting the chance to travel. On their own, the Sea Star may not get to go very far, but with the help of their mermaid pals, they get to see quite a lot of the ocean.
“Fin-tastic” Lore About Mermaids
- Mermaids can be found all around the world. Not only do they call oceans and reefs home, but some species can even be found in freshwater near waterfalls, rivers, and fountains.
- Mermaids who call the sea their home can be found deep in the parts of the ocean that we have yet to explore.
- Mermaids live off of a diet made up mostly of seaweed, kelp, seagrass, and other water plants. In muddy or sandy areas, they have large farms where they grow enough vegetable-like plants to keep them healthy. Thanks for this amazing diet, they’re able to look young throughout their very long lives.
- While their tails may be their most eye-catching feature of all, the most magical thing about them is their beautiful voice.
- While mermaids are known for their curiosity about humans, mermen aren’t as often fascinated by us, so they aren’t seen as often.
- Mermaids love to decorate their homes! They sleep in giant shells, and when they want to cuddle up, they use blankets made from colorful kelp that’s been woven together. They also keep comb jellies in their homes whose bodies reflect a rainbow of gorgeous colors.
To meet Marina in person, book tickets at your nearest SeaQuest.
Learn more about SeaQuest in Littleton, Colorado, our animals, and VIP specials when you sign up here.